Skip to main content

Gordon Cooper Technology Center has temporarily suspended all classes. When the State gives us the go-ahead, we will contact all of those currently enrolled in our classes and offer a make-up date if at all possible.

Adult Education and Enrichment
Frequently-Asked Questions


What is Adult Education and Enrichment?

Adult Education and Enrichment is a division of Gordon Cooper Technology Center that offers classes designed specifically for adults. We offer a wide range of classes for adults who may need to upgrade their current skills, change careers, complete a continuing education requirement, or just take a class for their personal enrichment.

Specifically, where do classes meet?


Gordon Cooper Technology Center has two locations: Shawnee and Seminole. The Shawnee campus is located at the corner of I-40 and Highway 18 and the Seminole campus is located at 800 N. Harvey Road in Seminole. If a class will be held at the Seminole campus, the class listings in the brochure and on the website will indicate so. Specific directions are included in your course confirmation.

When can I sign up?

Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis. If space is still available in a class, registrations are taken until the first day of the class. However, we encourage you to sign up early as space is limited in most classes.

When is your registration office open?

 Shawnee campus office is open Monday – Thursday, 8am – 8pm; and Friday 8am – 5pm

Seminole campus office is open Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm and until 9pm on Tuesday and Thursday


How do I get to your office?

Gordon Cooper Technology Center Shawnee campus is located at I-40 and Highway 18 (also Harrison Street) in Shawnee, Oklahoma. Our campus is easily accessed from I-40 traveling from either the east or the west. Take the Shawnee Meeker (Highway 18) exit (Exit #186). Go south on Harrison Street and continue to the signal light at 45th Street. Turn left heading east on 45th Street and continue until you see the Gordon Cooper Technology Center sign. After you enter the campus, you will come to a stop sign. The Business and Career Services office will be to the left with parking available in front of the office.


The Seminole campus is located at 800 N. Harvey Road.  From I-40, take the Highway 99/Seminole exit. Follow this until you come to Highway 9/E. Wrangler Blvd. Go left heading east to Harvey Road and turn right heading south. The campus is just south of the police and fire station on the east side of the road.


What happens when I get your voice mail?

Of course, we would prefer that you always talk to a person. However there are times when the phone is extremely busy and you must deal with our automated voice mail system. Please leave your name and number and we will return your call.

How do I register?

  1. On the Internet

link and add your choices to your shopping cart. If you have any questions, email link at the left. Simply browse the sign in You can register for courses by clicking the


  1. By Phone:  405.273.7493, ext. 2215, 2258 or 2265

Have your VISA/MC and brochure in hand.


  1. By Fax:  405.273.6354

Fax the completed registration form with your VISA/MC card information, 24 hours every day.


  1. By Mail

Complete the registration form and send your check or money order to:



Gordon Cooper Technology Center

Adult Education and Enrichment

One John C. Bruton Blvd.

Shawnee, OK  74804



  1. In-Person

Shawnee campus office is open Monday – Thursday, 8am – 8pm; and Friday 8am – 5pm

Seminole campus office is open Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm and until 9pm on Tuesday and Thursday




What is the Refund Policy?

If you cannot attend a course as planned, you may receive a refund of your tuition less a $10 processing fee by contacting us prior to the second class meeting. However, there is no refund after the second class meeting regardless of your attendance. Additionally, there is no refund on books or supplies. You will receive a full refund if the class is cancelled by the Business and Career Services office.

Do I need to pay for the class when I register or will you bill me later?

Since our classes are held based on the amount of tuitions received, you will need to pay at the time that you enroll.

Is there any tuition assistance available?

Since most of our classes are short-term, there is no federal or state assistance available for tuition. For classes that cost $200 or more we offer a payment plan where you pay half the cost at enrollment and the remainder of the balance by the first night of class. Tell the enrollment specialist at the time of enrollment that you are interested in a payment plan. An exception to this is our Flex Track classes and full payment is due at the time of enrollment.

What if my employer plans on paying my tuition?

Many employers send their employees to our classes and pay the tuition because they recognize that training helps the employee be successful in their job. We have a billing authorization form that you can have your employer complete and then return it to enroll in the class. Ask any enrollment specialist for a billing authorization form.

What about books and supplies?

Most of the costs for a class include the tuition, books, and supplies. However, some classes will require books and supplies at an additional cost. This is indicated in the course description. You will receive your book in the classroom on the first night of class.

Will I receive a certificate after completing my training?

If you need a certificate for yourself or for your employer, we will be happy to prepare one for you. Please notify your instructor before the last night of class so that we can have it ready for you.

Do you help with job placement after training?

Frequently, we have employers ask about students completing our training. When we do, we let the students know so that they may contact that employer.

Are there age requirements for classes?

We are pleased to welcome and admit students 16 years of age and over of any race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status. Students under 16 may be permitted with prior consent of the instructor and Business and Career Services staff. We also have a variety of classes for children with the age requirements noted in the course description.

Must I have a high school diploma or GED before enrolling?

We do not require a high school diploma or GED for most of our classes. However, some classes may have this requirement to receive a certification.

Can I attend your school if I don’t live in the district?

The technology center system was designed to accommodate all Oklahomans across the state. To do so, each technology center has designated districts to serve. These districts are supported by the taxpayers who live in the district. Therefore, out-of-district tuition is double the amount of in-district tuition. Sometimes the technology center in your district may not offer a class that you are interested in. If that is the case, ask to talk with an enrollment counselor.

Do you offer a discount for Senior Citizens?

Yes. Senior Citizens 65 years of age or older may attend any open enrollment class tuition free when vacant slots are available. Exceptions include specialized contract classes and classes specifically designed for senior citizens. Seniors will need to pay for books and any supplies.

What happens in case of bad weather?

Listen to KOCO, KFOR, or KWTV television stations for postponed classes. Adult Education and Enrichment will not issue refunds for classes which have been postponed due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control. However, we will make every effort to reschedule such classes.